Monday, June 10, 2013

Meet the Interns: Michele Crowder

My name is Michele’ Crowder. I am a music major and social entrepreneurship major with concentrations in faith, culture, and diversity, as well as non-profit leadership at Texas Lutheran University. By way of the United States Army I was born in Wiesbaden, Germany and raised in Killeen, Texas. I am a member of the TLU Choir, Women’s Choir, and Kantorei Chamber Choir. I have served as director of Shabach Gospel choir and chaplain of Service through Music organization at TLU. I will serve as president of Shabach Gospel choir, Creative Writing club, and as Service Chair for Service through Music organization. This will be an awesome summer to develop many skills and meet people who are working in fields that I am interested in. Summer 2013 is a wonderful summer for service!

Over the course of this summer I will work with the youth and music at Spirit of Joy Lutheran Mission, Seguin Youth Service. Christian Cupboard food pantry, and the Playhouse theatre in San Antonio on Ragtime the Musical. All of my time is spent on activities that support my future endeavors. Once I graduate from TLU, I will attend seminary for Divinity and Church Music. After that I want to pursue my goals of singing in with the Metropolitan Opera and on Broadway. When I return to Texas, I plan to build fine arts high school. On the same property there will be a community center/complex that holds a chapel, recreational center, fountains, gardens, and an amphitheater.

No comments:

Post a Comment