Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Updates from the Synod Office by Alex


Since returning from Disciple project, I have been busy working on Website’s and been busy with everyday office stuff.  I have since started working with my church on their social media and how to use it to improve attendance.  I have been helping around the office with technology stuff and helping with just general work as well.  I am still working on my original project but have been exploring new ways of handling certain design things.  In addition, I have been working with the staff to start on the next step in the process.  I am very excited to start this. 
Recently I have been realizing that I will be finishing here soon.  It is hard to believe that the summer is almost over.  I have really enjoyed working with the staff and Bishop Mike as well as all of the Pastors that I have been able to meet.  The experiences that I have gained from this summer have just made me so excited to go on and do amazing things in the future.  
I have been lucky enough to learn how a church office runs and to see the inner workings of a church and how things are dealt with.  Also I have seen how it takes a team to run the synod and to keep everyone happy.  How else would a synod work if we didn’t have the office?  I don’t know that it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment