I
have been wanting to attend Disciple Project for years. This year I got to go with a great
group of girls. I took the “Growing
Disciples in the Digital Age” track and was able to learn how to set up and run
a website, while teaching others to do this on their own. I got started on a website for me to help
others to do so. While there I
found myself taking time for myself and not thinking about others as much. The trip could not have come at a
better time. It was good break
from my crazy schedule here at home.
Not that I wasn’t working because I was but just in a different way.
I
loved how the week was full of activities to help us grow in our faith but also
to help us learn what we came to learn more about. In my small group, we had a great time eating dinner with
someone different that we could talk to and learn more about. Each person had a different reason for
being part of Disciple Project and a different role with in it. I was able to learn more about myself
as well as the group of girls that I attended the event with. I learned to look at certain things
through others perspective and not just my own by having discussions with
others about how things looked.
I
was great to see my boss in a different environment and see that she can be
really helpful down the road when I am working on other projects. She has taught me so much and I cannot
wait to learn more from her in the near future. I have to say that she made me laugh every day when she was so cold in the buildings that the girls and I went
and bought her a fleece blanket so that she could be warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment